Impellicone Flow Dividers & Splitters
Anhydrous Ammonia Application
How the Impellicone
Flow Divider Works
The John Blue Impellicone is a flow divider designed for agricultural Anhydrous Ammonia (NH3) application. It distributes NH3 to multiple rows across an applicator with the accuracy and flexibility you have come to expect from John Blue Products. Impellicone's name comes from the unique shaped needle, which spins and mixes the liquid and gas phases distributing them evenly to the number of outlets you need. The John Blue Impellicone can be used for all NH3 applications at normal rates, while also offering the flexibility to plug unused outlets without sacrificing accuracy. The Impellicone's superior accuracy allows better control of targeted rates greatly reducing the over-application of NH3. This will result in less nitrogen leaching, lower crop yield variability and ultimately lowering overall application costs.
- Same Impellicone patented technology now available on the Impellicone Splitters. Splitters are used when 3, 4 or 6 Impellicones are used in parallel.
- Unique spiral needle spins and mixes the liquid and gas for even distribution.
- Outlets can be plugged without sacrificing accuracy.
- Simple design allows for ease of service without removing the distribution lines. Proper handling techniques for NH3 should be followed at all times.
- The superior accuracy allows better control of targeted rates while greatly reducing the over application of NH3.
Why Choose the John Blue Impellicone Flow Divider for Your NH3 Application?
- Accuracy: Evenly mixes the gas and liquid portions of NH3 and distributes accurately to each row.
- Flexibility: Allows the end users to plug ports without any loss of accuracy.
- Simplicity: A simple design allows for ease of service without removing the distribution lines, however it is recommended that proper handling techniques for NH3 be used at all times.
- Variability: Handles all typical applications rates without changing any flow divider parts.
The Impellicone concept was researched by Iowa State University and collaboratively developed with and licensed to John Blue Company. After extensive testing through Iowa State, field trials and a lengthy approval process, John Blue Company is proud to offer the patented technology in three models, the IP-1300 (13-port flow divider), IP-1800 (18-port flow divider) and the newly released IP-0600 (6-port flow divider). The IP-0600 is ideal for sectional shut-off.
John Blue Company offer precision splitters, which should be used when 3, 4 or 6 John Blue Impellicones are used in parallel. The new and improved Impellicone Splitters now have the same Impellicone technology. The spiral needle spins and mixes the liquid and gas for even distribution.
Impellicone Flow Dividers
||6 Outlet NH3 Flow Divider
||13 Outlet NH3 Flow Divider
||18 Outlet NH3 Flow Divider
- IPS2-4 - 4-Port Impellicone Splitter with 1-1/4" NPT inlet and 1" NPT outlet.
- IPS2-6 - 6-Port Impellicone Splitter with 1-1/4" NPT inlet and 1" NPT outlet. Can plug outlets if desired.
- 113989 - Manifold Mount.
- 113983 - Inlet Flow Diffuser, 304 SS Construction. Plain Manifold, 12 outlets, 1" FPT outlet, 1/4" FPT gauge port.
- A-3744-B - Flow Diffuser, Cast Iron Construction. Plain Inlet Manifold, 13 outlets, 1" FPT outlet, 1/4" FPT gauge port.
- 102175 - Inlet Flow Diffuser, Cast Iron Construction. Plain Manifold, 24 outlets, 1" FPT outlet, 1/4" FPT gauge port.